Copyright @ Superior Interventions 2015. All rights reserved.
For those individuals diagnosed with Alcohol or Substance Dependence, the goals of treatment are:
1. Establish abstinence from all legal and illegal mood-altering substances.
2. Learn about relapse prevention planning, develop relapse prevention skills, and develop a personalized prevention plan.
3. Learn alternative coping skills and manage cravings.
4. Establish involvement in a community recovery support system, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, etc..
5. Facilitate recognition of consequences.
6. Increase awareness of, and identification of relapse triggers, and learn effective ways of coping with high-risk situations.
7. Recognize and verbalize the severity of one’s relationship with alcohol/drugs.
6. Increase motivation to assist individuals in stages of change.
High Risk/Substance Dependence